Spark the Change Colorado, formerly Metro Volunteers, is a leading resource, strategist and partner that inspires, engages, mobilizes and empowers individuals, communities and organizations to become a driving force for good through the power of volunteerism, service and engagement.
We SPARK CHANGE and INSPIRE A MOVEMENT OF GOOD through the power of volunteerism, service and engagement.OUR VISION
A world with stronger, more resilient, equitable and connected communities through the power of volunteerism.
The Senior Companion Program is part of Senior Corps, a United States government agency under the oversight of the Corporation for National and Community Service. The Senior Companion Program engages individuals 55+ years old to realize the independence of older adults in their home and as a team, continue to be vibrant, contributing members of our communities.
This program is designed to engage people as volunteers who are:
- 55 years or older
- Willing to volunteer 5-40 hours a week for at least one year
- Pass a State and FBI fingerprinting check as well as the National Sex Offender check
- Interviewed and attend pre-service orientation and training
- Living on a limited income to receive a modest nontaxable $2.65/hr
- Sufficiently healthy and active to provide reliable assistance to other older adults
- Licensed and insured to drive a car or able to use public transportation
- Committed to the program's goals, professional ethics and comfortable accepting supervision
27 People | 104 Impacts | 220 Hours | 5,987 Total Economic Impact