The Youth Mentoring Program "YMP" promotes the educational enrichment, vocational advancement, and social engagement of youth and young adults between the ages of 15-24 years old.
Who we serve: San Antonio Newcomers looking for career and educational opportunities in America.
Being a Mentor will present opportunities to use your skills to impact another. Mentors have the ability to provide guidance, offer homework assistance, encourage a youth's future, and to support their acclimation to their new surroundings. The Youth Mentors will meet one-on-one with their mentees. Mentors and Mentees can meet based on the mentees approved schedule.
If you are interested in being a Youth Mentor ...
- Submit your Youth Mentoring Application
(Program Coordinator) will contact you to set up an interview.
If selected, you will need to
- Complete three one-hour VIRTUS trainings
- Pass the VIRTUS Criminal Background Check.
- Click "join" or "become a member" on this page.
- Submit the Give Pulse volunteer application.
- Pass the Sterling Volunteer Criminal Background Check
- YMP FBI Criminal Background Check
- Onboarding Package
- Mentor Orientation
As a Youth Mentor you must ...
- Meet with your mentee for a minimum of 10 times over 3 months.
- Keep track of your meeting with your mentee in the meeting log
- Maitain communication with program staff and update any progress.
Program staff will provide a list of additional requirements & contact you upon clearance.
***Please note that our estimated clearance time can take up to two months***
Sign up today to be a powerful source of support and guidance through individual mentorship.
For more information email us at email@example.com
Thank you. Ed Alcott