The Youth Mentoring Program "YMP" promotes the educational enrichment, vocational advancement, and social engagement of youth and young adults between the ages of 15-24 years old.
Who we serve: San Antonio Newcomers looking for career opportunities in America.
Being a Mentor will present opportunities to use your skills to impact another. Mentors have the ability to provide guidance, offer homework assistance, encourage a child's future, and to support their acclimation to their new surroundings. The Youth Mentors will meet one-on-one with their mentees. Mentors and Mentees can meet based on the mentees approved schedule.
As a Youth Mentor you must...
- Complete clearance requirements
- Meet with your mentee for a minimum of 10 times over 3 months
- keep track of your meetings with mentor on the Monthly Meeting Log
If you are interested in being a Youth Mentor ...
- Submit your Youth Mentoring Application
Mr. Ba Nay (Program Coordinator) will contact you to set up an interview.
If selected, you will need to
- Click "join" or "become a member" on this page
- Submit the Give Pulse volunteer application.
- Complete three Virtus trainings
- Pass a Virtus background check
Mr. Ba Nay will provide a list of additional requirements & contact you upon clearance.
*Please note that our estimated clearance time can take up to two months
Sign up today to be a powerful source of support and guidance through individual mentorship.
For more information contact email@example.com
Thank you. Ed Alcott