Get out into your community to clean up the environment, participate in a scavenger hunt and promote your health, well-being, the environment & your community! Prizes for MC students!
Through our MC Clean-Up Scavenger Hunt Series, we hope to help bring our community together, apart. Not only to reconnect with one another at a distance, but to grow our own personal wellness as well. Green time outside and physical movement is shown to help our mental health. Our scavenger hunt event aims to help each individual through reconnecting with our community and environment to benefit our social, mental, and physical wellbeing. Also, collecting trash and preventing it from entering our waterways supports our environment to help support us! We hope that we can make this event successful by helping our community realize the impact that each of us has on our local community and environment. Even though this seems like a fun event, it has an important purpose to support our wellbeing now and our future, and those beyond us.
Everyone is welcome to join and it is child friendly! Bring your little ones out to advocate for their wellness and to teach them about our wonderful planet earth!
· Sign up for our part scavenger hunt, part clean-up event on Eventbrite!
· You can participate from home/your local area or park! Just gather some supplies to collect litter and send us your scavenger hunt photos & a photo of all the trash you have collected in your neighborhoods!
· Health & Wellness
- Mental & Physical Health Benefits
- Wellness & Longevity
- Overall Better Quality of Life
· Supporting our Local Environment & Community
- Chesapeake Bay Watershed - Our Diverse Flora and Fauna
- Learn what it means to be good stewards of our local environment
- Strong Local Communities & One Big Community for a Common Purpose
- Supporting each other in a time of need directly and indirectly, as well as for our future generations
Are there prizes?
YES! There will be a participation raffle with many local and small business goods. Follow the instructions given when you register to turn in your submissions and receive one raffle submission for a photo of you (face not required) & the trash you collected, plus more submissions based on the # of photos of scavenger hunt items you find!
· Your face is not required to be in the photo; alternatively, you may point or write your name/username on the bags, etc. as long as we can identify that you are there.
· Bonus raffle entry: Post a photo, tag us at our socials below, & tell us about your favorite part of the event!
Thank you all for your support and consideration! Contact us with any questions, comments, concerns, or even to just say “hi”!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @mcscavvyhunt
- Facebook: Scavenger Hunt MC
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.