In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday, March is designated as National Reading Month – ESNG would like to extend this opportunity for volunteers to participate in Virtual Storytelling with our children. Get creative and share some of your high energy with our kids by spending an hour reading one or more of Dr. Seuss’s imaginative books.
Sign up today as a storytelling volunteer.
Dr. Seuss Virtual Storytelling
HOW IT WORKS:
Register to participate. (You can participate as an individual or in a group)
- Chose a book for children in the age range of 6 months to 5 years old.
- Try to pick a book that has no more than 25 pages-we want to keep their attention.
- Feel free to choose a theme or to dress in costume
- Record on a simple video platform and keep it to 30 min. YouTube is an easy platform to use, you can complete most of the edits in this platform with many cuts–removing awkwardness and dead air – to keep our kids attention hooked. But no worries, if you run into any issue, we can do the edits.
- Submit the finished product.
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.