Monday - Thursday 10:30am to 12:15pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5pm - 6:45pm
· Arrive 15 minutes prior to class to help Coaches and PD boxers prepare for class.
· Check in with RSB Coaches to identify any special needs during class, which may include:
- Explaining modifications for exercises
- Making sure PD boxers are staying properly hydrated
- Watching for signs of low blood pressure, dizziness, overheating
- Watching and listening for signs of depression
- Being compassionate and fully present during class
- Being a good listener
- Leaving personal problems outside the gym
· Set up as “head coach” if the head coach needs to step aside.
· Keep a firm “tough love” attitude – keep the morale of classes positive.
· Assist PD boxers in wrapping hands prior to class.
· Assist PD boxers with putting on boxing gloves during class.
· Assist PD boxers who need assistance getting up and down off the floor (but always encourage and teach independent-techniques first.)
· At the completion of class, volunteers are expected to assist with set-up and take-down of equipment, and the cleaning the gym:
- Disinfect all heavy bags and speed bags (after final class of the day)
- Put “toys” away
- Organize boxing gloves
- Throw away empty water bottles
- Look for “Lost and Found” items in gym and Cornerman Lounge
- Dump out water trays in water machines
· Any other volunteer duties as assigned.
For more information, visit Rock Steady Boxing.
Please contact Nick Baldelli-Boggs @ firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
|Shift||Start Time||End Time||Registrants Needed|
|Monday||10:30am (CT)||12:00pm (CT)||0/4||Over|
|Thursday (Morning)||10:30am (CT)||12:00pm (CT)||0/4||Over|
|Tuesday (Monring)||10:30am (CT)||12:00pm (CT)||1/4||Over|
|Wednesday||10:30am (CT)||12:00pm (CT)||0/4||Over|
|Thursday (Evening)||5:00pm (CT)||6:30pm (CT)||2/4||Over|
|Tuesday (Evening)||5:00pm (CT)||6:30pm (CT)||2/4||Over|