This has ended. If you attended, let the organizer know by recording your Impact!
|Registration Opens||Registration Opened|
|Registration Closes||Any time before each end date or when space runs out.|
CALL TO SET UP A 2 HOUR TRAINING AND CREDENTIALING SESSION THAT FITS YOUR SCHEDULE
In Home Volunteer:
• Provide non-medical and non-personal care support like companionship, reading, and life reviews.
• Allow families a few hours of companionship so a caregiver can rest or get errands done.
• Provide Veteran to Veteran comradely non-medically by being a Veteran companion to a Veteran patient.
• Provide a few hours stay to allow the caregiver time to run errands or a much-needed rest.
Go to a facility in your area with Veterans and visit.
• In-office support like filing, writing notes, assembling admission or marketing packets, and other clerical duties.
Grief Support Volunteer:
• Work with our Bereavement Coordinator and assist with family support through phone calls and notes.
Special Resource Volunteer:
• Professional expertise or services for patients and their families or caregivers in special circumstances (for instance; music, handy man, hair care, massage therapy, general counsel, pet therapy, etc.).
Special Project Volunteer:
• Work on special project such as crafts, holiday celebrations, or patients' birthdays.
• You could also help by baking cakes, sharing flowers, knitting, or crocheting, etc.
For more information and to join the Affinity Team message through UAB Pulse or contact Kim Smith, Volunteer Coordinator at 205 949 0400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours