This event is specifically for the Morehouse Bonner Scholars program, in partnership with Atlanta Habitat for Humanity and ReStore.
We look forward to having students fulfill their volunteer hours at the Atlanta Habitat ReStore. Most of the weekly hours will be spent in the ReStore doing the following (including, but not limited to):
- Provide excellent customer service on the sales floor by greeting customers upon arrival, aiding customers in locating items, clarifying weekly deals, explaining the role of the ReStore within the Atlanta Habitat mission, and more...
- Merchandising and inventory display projects, which will also include sales floor organization and customization.
- Help test electronics and appliances.
- Sort and organize incoming donations.
- Hit the road and aid our drivers in the special task of picking up donations. Learn to properly wrap, lift and move large items, with care.
- Assemble new products and prepare them for placement on the sales floor.
- Dust, clean and/or repair items in our processing areas as well as the sales floor.
- Help receive and sort incoming donations from the loading dock.
2-3 hours per week may be spent working on ad hoc projects within different departments, enabling students to get hands-on experience and real world applications that may relate to the student's area of study. Participating departments may include: marketing and communications, finance, HR, development, and family services. Our CEO has offered to host a student as well. Examples of these projects are:
- 2-3 week long project as well as other special projects with the CEO.
- Survey creation and administration.
- Data collection, organization and analysis.
- Video production and editing for social media posts.
- DIY project "How To's" for use in instructional videos.
- Draft copy and visual content for use in internal or external publications.
- And more!
We look forward to having you all join us for this wonderful partnership. Though not guaranteed, there is potential for an outstanding student who has demonstrated exceptional qualities and work ethic during their time at Atlanta Habitat, to receive an internship offer at the end of each school year.