As part of home visit team, visit homes at-risk for home fires and helps ensure that the number of smoke alarms and batteries installed and other services provided are recorded and reported within program parameters
Ensure that the resident client completes and signs required documents (acknowledgment, releases, etc.) and transfers completed documents to the event neighborhood captain or designee.
All training is provided at no cost to our volunteers. You will be provided all of the training needed for this role. This training may be online or in person.
- Time Commitment: 4 -6 hours per weekend, once a quarter on average
* Experience installing smoke alarms; canvassing neighborhoods, and interacting with clients (or willingness to learn).
* Ability to relate well and effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
* Demonstrated ability to read, understand and apply manufacturer's directions for smoke alarm installation.
* Demonstrated ability to ascend, work on and descend ladder or step stool.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize electrical drill and other tools required for successful installation of smoke alarms and testing.
* Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.