|Age Limit||21 and up|
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) offers personalized, unbiased counseling and assistance to Medicare beneficiaries and their families. SHIP can help Medicare beneficiaries make informed decisions and answer questions about Medicare coverage, benefits and coinsurance. SHIP can also assist beneficiaries with Medicare Savings Programs available through the state. SHIP Volunteers and Counselors are not affiliated with any insurance company and does not attempt to sell insurance.
SHIP Volunteer Administrators work closely with the SHIP Coordinator to help with tasks in the office at United Way. Volunteer Administrators implement and maintain procedures for effective scheduling of SHIP appointments, volunteers, presentations, health fair events, etc. They are responsible for arranging staffing by communicating with volunteers to attend community events. They provide logistical support and maintains records in SHIPmates.
• Must volunteer a minimum of 10 hours monthly
• Must attend monthly trainings
• Completion of SHIP Volunteer Training
• Must be willing to travel occasionally to events in Jefferson County
• Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and proof of insurance
|Causes||Older Adults Persons with Disabilities|