We have two Education programs for adults with disabilities: Art and Adult Education. The programs are open Monday-Friday, 9am-2pm, year-round. Art Education Program
Volunteers in the art studio assist students by socializing, fostering independence, and helping them stay focused on their artwork. Class schedule:
Adult Education Program
- Mondays: Digital Media, including Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and computer skills
- Tuesdays: Performing Arts, including acting and singing
- Wednesdays-Fridays: Visual Arts, including painting and drawing
Volunteers in the Adult Education Program assist students by socializing, helping them stay focused on their work, walk with them to the garden, participate in activities, etc.
- Mondays: Digital Media (combined with Art Education Program this day)
- Tuesdays: Health & Wellness, including a walking club and healthy recipes
- Wednesdays: Urban Gardening, including learning about plants and working the community garden
- Thursdays: Independent Living Skills, including self-advocacy and responsibility
- Fridays: Vocational Education, including financial responsibility and workplace/volunteer-place skills
Apply here: https://www.arcaustin.org/volunteer-app-page/
, or contact Leah Marsden with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.